Oct 3, 2012

"Under the Weather" Beauty Essentials

I get it!
 Sleep, medicine, liquids all come before beauty products when you are sick. But you feel better when you look better, right?
For me, this rings true. In addition to the longs naps, endless tablespoons of cough syrup and empty tissue boxes, beauty products have been helpful too! They've kept me from looking like a complete ghost. But most importantly, they are easy to use!


This is the Simple Beaute By Dedra Foundation Stick. It was sent to me the day I started to come down with my cold. I tried it out and continued to use it because it was so easy to apply! Perfect for when you don't want to fuss around with brushes, liquid foundation or setting powder. The formulation is very creamy and blend-able. It has spf 15 and is available in 8 different shades. Also, you might remember Dedra from RHOBH. Turns out she's a makeup artist and super sweet to email and communicate with on twitter! :) This product is really versatile and worth checking out.

Whenever I am sick, my skin always goes from combination oily to extremely dry and dehydrated. So...I switch up my cleansers! This is the Lancome Creme-Mousse Confort for dry/sensitive skin. It is very thick and gentle and smells like roses :)
Next up, the cure for my complexion! I literally looked white as a sheet the past few days. I realized I needed to add a bit of colour so I swiped on Nars Deep Throat blush. A beautiful rosy pink with a hint of shimmer. So easy to wear, it's one of my favourite blushes.
And lastly, some of you might be able to sympathize with me on this one...
After what feels like hours of blowing my nose I begin to resemble rudolph. Not the best look. My Mom gave me Mentholatum for as long as I can remember. It looks greasy when you first put it on, and it's definitely not a product to use on the go. However it helps soothe an irritated nose and heal.

Hope none of you catch what I had! Let me know your favourite "Under the Weather" beauty essentials. 

17 comments:

  1. I had feeling ill, I had a horrible migraine yesterday & not even a pretty blush could sort that out! I would say a good bronzer like NARS Laguna always perks up my skin! xx

    missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the famed Laguna...
      Hope your migraine didn't last too long! xx

      Delete
  2. NARS deep throat looks so nice! I am yet to try a NARS blush xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww i hope you feel better soon! the foundation stick sounds really interesting!!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are definitely a lot of concealer under the eyes (for dark circles) and bright clean makeup to brighten up my face!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That foundation stick looks interesting - what's the coverage like? :)

    My under-the-weather essentials are my glasses (so I only have to bother with a little bit of concealer, mascara, and eyeliner) and lipstick/stain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the coverage to be medium/high but you could blend it out or even use less for lighter coverage :)

      Delete
  6. Awww, I love how your recent illness inspired this post, although I wish you didn't have to suffer! I will also go for a good blush, foundation and an under brightener like the Garnier roll-on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemons to lemonade! :p Must keep the garnier roll-on in mind!

      Delete
  7. This is a great post. I'm currently sick as well, bummer! It's interesting seeing what others do on their sicky days. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore NARS Deep Throat, such a gorgeous blush :)

    ReplyDelete